GTA - Bridge 7500
The new GTA - Bridge 7500 was specially developed for driving the Sedrun section of the St Gotthard Base Tunnel.
The Sedrun section is characterised by squeezing rock and thus calls for special tunnel construction measures. Besides the insertion of a variety of roofbolts and the placing of shotcrete to secure and consolidate, a flexible system of steel arch supports known from the German hard coal mining industry is also installed. The steel arch support has a maximum diameter of 13 m and a weight per metre of 44 kg. The secure and efficient installation of the supports is the principal job of the GTA - Bridge 7500.
- Maximum flexibility and parallelisation of operations by two independently operable work baskets, a support manipulator and a lifting device for the installation of fully pre-assembled roof bars
- Creation of space for other equipment on the tunnel floor as the machine is suspended from and travels on overhead rails on the upper level
- Optimum operation by a user programmable radio remote control with proportional control valves
- Visualisation of parameters on a touch panel display with remote operating data logging for rapid fault detection
- Robust machine design suitable for use in tunnel applications
The GTA Bridge 7500 is suspended from and travels on a twin overhead rail track. This construction makes operating on two working levels during tunnelling driving operations possible.